The CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM has been released a couple of weeks ago by CyanogenMod team. It consists of all Android 4.3 Jelly Bean features along with some additional CM ones. Please follow the below prerequisite steps and then you’ll be able to successfully install this new custom ROM that is worth a shot.
- This guide works with both Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T and Verizon models, you just need to be very carefully which firmware you download when it comes to that.
- Your device has to be rooted before proceeding to flashing a custom recovery and installing CyanogenMod.
- Enable USB debugging on your Galaxy Note 2. To do that, navigate to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and turn it On.
- Be sure your battery has at least 60% left, otherwise, put it on charge.
- Install USB drivers for your Galaxy device from Samsung official page. Backup all your data from the device because if you haven’t already. This process is most likely to wipe all the information present on your Galaxy phone.
Note! This guide is for more advances Android users and bear in mind that we’re not responsible for what’s done with your device. Read this guide very carefully in order to not brick your Galaxy Note 2.
Flashing ClockWorkMode Recovery
- Download and extract CWM Recovery to a convenient folder.
- Download Odin v3.07.
- Now you need to put your device in Download Mode as you did while rooting it. Please turn it completely off and then hold simultaneously Volume Down, Home and Power until the Warning message appears on the screen. Press the Power button again to enter Download Mode.
- Run Odin .exe file as Administrator and connect your Galaxy Note 2 to the computer via USB. ID:COM box in Odin should now turn yellow (or blue), which means you’re ready to go.
- Then click on PDA and select the CWM Recovery .tar.md5 file you downloaded earlier.
- Make sure the only boxes checked are Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time.
- Press Start and wait till the installation process finishes.
Flashing CM 10.2 Nightly
- Please visit the following links and download the latest CM 10.2 Nightly version available: Galaxy Note II AT&T | Galaxy Note II Verizon. Flashing on a wrong ROM might lead to a dead end for your phone. Do NOT unzip the archive.
- Download additional Gapps for Android 4.3 custom ROMs. Do NOT unzip the archive you download at this step too.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 2 with your PC and copy the zip files from Step 1&2 onto your SD card.
- Disconnect and power off your device after it’s finished copying files.
- Boot into Custom Recovery Mode by holding both Volume Down and Power buttons and then releasing the last one when the logo appears.
- When into CWM Recovery screen, perform a NANDROID Backup in case you want to restore the old ROM sometime. Select backup and restore and then use the Backup option to do that.
- Next, you’re going to factory reset your device by selecting wipe data/ factory reset. This is an important step so please don’t pass by.
- Now you can proceed with installing CyanogenMod 10.2. Go ahead and select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard. Navigate to the location of the zip files you copied previously and confirm the install. Important! Don’t press any buttons during the setup.
- Do the above step again only choosing the Gapps zip this time. This will install all Google-based apps that your phone requires in order to run correctly.
- When the installation is complete, go back to the main screen and reboot the smartphone.
Congratulations! You’re now running CM 10.2 Nightly Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Please don’t hesitate to write in the comment section below.