Shortly after Apple released their latest beta firmware, developers were greeted with the great news. The iPhone Dev team has recently released RedSn0w 0.9.13dev1 as a simple jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3. Redsn0w can jailbreak the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4G (meaning you will need to run last steps every time your device shuts down).It’s also important to note that as of now this is a tethered jailbreak and specifically aimed more towards developers and advanced users.
Compatible iOS devices
The new jailbreak is currently compatible, and can jailbreak the following iPhone and iPod touch models running iOS 6.1.3 devices:
- iPhone 4 (GSM and CDMA models)
- iPhone 3Gs
- iPod Touch 4th Generation
Steps to jailbreak iPhone 4/iPhone 3GS/iPod Touch 4G on iOS 6.1.3 using Redsn0w 0.9. 15b3
1) Download Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 and save it in a folder named ‘Redsn0w’ on the desktop.
2) Download iOS 6.0 firmware file for the iOS device.
3) Connect the device to the computer. Then double click “Redsn0wzip file” and extract the application. Now, navigate to “Redsn0w folder” and then launch the Redsn0w application.
Note: Windows XP and Windows 7users must run Redsn0w as ‘Administrator’ which is the right-click on the Redsn0w exe and select ‘Run as an Administrator.
4) Click on ‘Extra’ button and then click on the “Select IPSW” button. Now, select iOS firmware file which was downloaded in previous step (step-2). REdsn0w should identify the iOS firmware.
5) Return to the Redsn0w’s main menu and then click on the ‘Jailbreak’ button Redsn0w will now start preparing the jailbreak data.
6) Users will be now prompted to select the jailbreak options. Ensure that “Cydia” is selected and click on the ‘Next’ button to continue.
7) Users will be then prompted to place their iOS devices into the DFU mode. Here are the necessary steps that will guide you:
a) Hold the “Power button” on iOS device for about three seconds.
b) Simultaneously, hold “Home button” and then keep pressing these two buttons for about 10 seconds.
c) Now release“Power button”and keep holding “Home button” until Redsn0w detects the device.
8) The iOS device should reboot now. The device will reboot again and the Redsn0w will now begin uploading new RAM disk and kernel.
9) Users will be notified after the jailbreaking process is completed. Click on the ‘OK’ and then ‘Quit’ button to exit the application.
10) The iOS device will reboot again in five minutes. Then “Home screen” will appear on the device but the Cydia would be still missing; since users need to tether boot their iOS devices using Redsn0w. User can follow the below mentioned steps to do it.
11) Launch Redsn0w again. Click on ‘Extras’ button.
12) Then click on the ‘Select IPSW’ button. Browse to and select the firmware file (which was downloaded in step-2). Click on the ‘Just Boot’ button.
13) Connect the device to the computer and switch off the device again. Moreover, follow the instructions and then click on the “Next button” to move on to the next screen. Now place iOS device into DFU mode again.
14) Redsn0w will recognize the device in DFU mode and apply the limera1n exploit. The iOS device will then reboot and a pineapple logo will appear indicating a tethered boot.
15) Once the action is being completed, Lock screen should be seen on the iOS device.
Congratulation, the iOS device, iPhone 3GS/iPhone 4/iPOd Touch 4G, has now been successfully jailbroken with Cyadia on the Home Screen. Enjoy the jailbreak apps.